Traditional metal or porcelain braces have been referred as the go-to solution to straighten teeth for many years. But clear aligners have been taking over the orthodontic industry for over two decades now.
Invisalign® is the pioneer of this exciting option as more people are turning to this invisible alternative for their smile corrections.
At Dental One, we offer this option at convenient and affordable packages while still ensuring that you get the smile that you want thanks to our Invisalign experts.
Choosing Between Invisalign and Braces
What Are The Differences Between Invisalign And Braces? Is Invisalign or Braces Better?
Many people who are looking into orthodontic solutions are curious if Invisalign works as well as traditional braces. Invented over 20 years ago, Invisalign has established an incredible history of success correcting smiles around the world.
Our Dental One orthodontists are able to solve most cases with Invisalign as they stay up-to-date on the most recent Invisalign improvements as well as best practices.
Comparing Invisalign vs. braces, Invisalign is as an invisible alternative with faster treatments and less discomfort when eating or brushing.
The Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign Looks Better. The biggest benefit of Invisalign is that the aligners are virtually invisible.
- You Can Take the Aligners Out to Eat. For best results Invisalign needs to be worn for 20-22 hours each day
- It’s Easier to Brush and Floss Your Teeth. Remove your Invisalign aligners to floss and brush your teeth as you usually do.
- Fewer Consultations Required. There is no need to visit the orthodontist for emergency sessions and you don’t need so many visits to our office to check up on your progress, so vsiits are kept to a minimum.
- Comfortable to Wear. Invisalign aligners are made of a special plastic and fitted to each patient`s mouth.
- Patients Need to be Disciplined. The major reason for Invisalign treatment failing primarily relates to lack of patient compliance with wearing the aligners.
- Taking your Aligners In and Out Can be Inconvenient. When you are out in public, you need to remove your aligners before eating and, ideally, you need to brush your teeth before placing them on again.
- Invisalign Effectiveness vs Braces. It’s typically not recommended for more complex orthodontic cases that should be treated with braces; although, this are very few.
The Advantages of Braces
- Suitable for All Treatments. You may have multiple dental and facial issues that need correcting – braces can be used to fix each one.
- Multiple Types of Braces to Choose From. Patients now have the choice of lingual and ceramic braces to ensure the braces are less noticeable in cases where the metallic brackets are not an option.
- Overall aesthetics
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is little more difficult with braces.
- Some care is needed with the food and drink you consume with braces.
- More regular visits to the orthodontist are required with braces to check on progress and have them adjusted; also, they may require emergency visits due to a loose bracket or a pinching wire.
Wich one is faster: Invisalign or braces?
With ever-improving solutions with Invisalign we are now able to correct smiles in less time than traditional braces, as long as we have a compliant patient.
If you’re deciding between Invisalign vs. braces by which is faster, clear aligners are now the quickest option. In fact, you can experience your new smile in as little as six months.
How Much is Invisalign Compared to Braces?
In the past, clear aligners were a more expensive alternative to metal or porcelain braces because of the minimal providers and limited options available.
Now that you have found an answer to: What Are The Differences Between Invisalign And Braces? We invite you to contact us to schedule an initial consultation and give you more information about your next orthodontic treatment in Panama.